Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

talent vs. hard work

In my opinion hard work will outdo talent if talent doesn't work hard. You can be talented at something but unless you stress to get better by working hard what does talent provide you? In a scholarly article called Talent Is Overrated: what really separates world-class performers from everyone else, I found this article using Google scholar and it proved to be very useful by providing me with information for my topic.  In research provided by scientists it shows that those who are viewed as the greats today like LeBron James and Tiger Woods didn't show any signs of talent in what they do as a kid. The greats worked hard to be where they are today in the article it says "When researchers have looked at large numbers of high achievers, at least in certain fields, most of the people who became extremely good in their field did not show early evidence of gifts." Did any of the greats possess these gifts as a child? (Comment below)

In another article called Hard Work vs. Talent: The Eternal Debate. Which is a blog post I found a debate that supported my view point that hard work beats talent. In this article it says "  the studies that suggest that in the long run, hard work and constant practice can overcome a lack of natural talent, which can often take people farther and higher than talent alone." This really made sense to me because I knew from previous reading of quotes by Michael Jordan and other professionals that succeeded very highly in their fields. That leads to my conclusion I think that hard work will overcome talent any time because in scientifically proven results the greats did not possess the skills they have today in most cases and they had to dedicate themselves to their field and put in all their time and money to it. I challenge you to find a professional that has a quote that supports my viewpoint. Can you do it? Do you respectfully disagree with my viewpoint? Let me know below in the comments.  Thanks for reading I hope to see your comment below. 
Hard work vs. Talent



Dorothy explains that When you get tired and life gets you down you have to keep working hard
dorothy tells Marlin of the hard work conspiracy

No comments:

Post a Comment