Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

What is Christmas?



What is Christmas? 
December 25 is the national holiday Christmas. This holiday is celebrated around the world and in a lot of different countries. The holiday is named after Jesus Christ hence the name is Christmas. December 25 is the day used to celebrate Christ's birthday because his birthday isn't actually that day. what is christmas The meaning of Christmas to me is the day that people get to spend time with family and friends. My family and I sit around the table after opening gifts and we have a Christmas dinner. 


Christmas in the modern day
Modernly, Christmas eve is the day that Santa Clause or the father of Christmas delivers presents to all the children of the world. Christmas day is the day that all the little children wake up around the world and they are supposed to be able to open gifts or spend time with family and friends. Unfortunately some people are not as fortunate as my family. Have you heard of anyone that cannot afford to get gifts for Christmas? If so, did you do your part to help them if you did why and if you didn't why? Please respond below ASAP. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a interesting article but you missed a good chance to share the history of Christmas in olden times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciated the thought and consideration for the true meaning of Christmas. And I haven't heard of or talked to someone that couldn't afford gifts for Christmas. I'm sure I will in the future though. And I'll probably treat them to something nice, or at least be kind enough to invite them somewhere so they can do something for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete