Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Throwback Thursday

When me and my family went to discovery cove in Orlando, Florida in 2012 we got to swim with dolphins and walk with stingrays. When we woke up that morning I had to get into my swimming trunks and I did this without hesitation because I had been waiting for this day since we left home 4 days ago. My family and I come to Florida every year and this is the first time we have came to swim with the dolphins as a family. I had to sit in the car for like twenty minutes and I was growing more impatient by the minute. When we finally got to discovery cove we first had to go and get into the park with our previously paid tickets. Then we had to go and eat breakfast and it was some of the best food I have ever: I had eggs, bacon, fresh pineapple not out of the can and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.  Then we went to a big room with a giant TV and watched a video that told us a lot of things about dolphins before we went and swam with them. 

Then when we were done with this we went and got a suit like trainers where when they train the dolphins to keep us warm since the water is 60 degrees. When I walked into the water it was so cold even though I had a suit on to keep me warm. Then I got to the dolphin and the trainer told us the dolphins name and showed us how to handle the dolphin because in a few minutes we would be able to kiss the dolphin and even enjoy a small ride by the dolphin. When I got ride the dolphin  it was cool I got to ride 15 feet out from the trainers. Then I got to kiss the dolphin and it was cool but dolphin was cold and I had to wash my face after that.
 

5 comments:

  1. Kevin, I really wish I could be able to go swimming with dolphins and stingrays. It is actually on my bucket list to do something like that. They are such beautiful creatures, but I hope you did a good job at washing your face after you kissed it! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so cool. I wish I was able to do that when I went to Florida. I have touched stingrays before but I think it would be better to swim with dolphins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this picture Kevin. Swimming with dolphins sounds cool, glad you got to experience that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was one I'm jealous of. I've always wanted to swim with dolphins. Maybe one day I will. Also I like how you used imagery to your advantage. A well done post on TBT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam I have been trying to use imagery as it is a good tool that most great authors use.

      Delete